Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Man, I've Missed A lot!

So life has been keeping me busy for a while, and by that I mean a long while. So I'm going to do a recap on the movies I've missed.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire



You may remember that I considered the first Hunger Games to be a very pleasant surprise, so I came into the next one pretty hyped, although the choice of Francis Lawrence as director had me skeptical. My skepticism was misplaced: the movie was great. The direction was awesome, the story was awesome, and the movie as a whole was awesome. Really impressed. 

12 Years A Slave


Of course, the Oscars have come and gone, with 12 Years A Slave winning Best Picture. Did it deserve it? Oh yes, absolutely. Everything you've heard about this movie is true: it's incredibly powerful, deeply disturbing, and an overall emotional powerhouse of a film. The acting was absolutely stellar all around, although I really have to give extra props to Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender. Elijofor played the protagonist perfectly, while Fassbender played one of the most vile characters I've ever seen in a movie. I highly recommend this movie, it's one of the best movies in years. 

American Hustle 


A perfectly fine movie, from a the great David O. Russell. The cast is of course impeccable, and includes a very nice cameo from Robert De Niro. Everyone was good, but Christian Bale was absolutely the best actor in the movie. Not bad at all. 

The Wolf Of Wall Street


Look, I get the controversy over this, but I'm not sure if I agree with it. It may seem like Jordan Belfort got away the stuff he did, but I disagree. He lost his family, which was super important to him, even if he didn't always act like it. He also lost his reputation and all credibility, which changes his life. I think this movie really requires a lot of thought, which is pretty deceptive behind all of the..... insanity that happens. Overall, a good movie. 

Frozen


"Let it go, let it go!" Once again, believe the hype, Frozen was a wonderful movie, the best Disney movie in a very long time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment